Monday 13 February 2012

Tevez Is Back...Not Sure How To Take It...



I am in a pretty difficult position today.  As many of you that follow me on twitter will be well aware, I have moved on from Carlos Tevez, the guy burnt his bridges, embarrassed himself, and was massively disrespectful to both the club and most importantly in my eyes to the supporters.  I whole heartedly supported the line that Mancini took after that night in Munich saying he would never play for Manchester City again, but now 4 months on, that is looking like a very distinct possibility.


If you have been living under a rock you may be unsure as to what I am going on about; the bottom line appears to be that the Argentine is returning to Manchester tomorrow and has supposedly said that he wants to be part of the team and help them win the league title, it has also been suggested that in order to do this he will be dropping his appeal against his humongous fine.




So how do we feel about this? As many of you will already be aware from my comments on twitter I have always said that I never wanted to see the striker in a City shirt again, I felt that he disgraced the club I love and for me that is something that can't be taken back.  I would genuinely find it difficult to get behind the player after all that he has done and I am frankly uneasy about the whole situation, I can't help but feel this is a ploy from someone.


The other point of view, and it is a perfectly understandable one, is that if he does return and if he helps us win the league then we won't care about what happened in these past few months.  Clearly as we get ever closer to the business end of the season this is a viewpoint that is becoming more difficult to ignore.  If he was to return though there are a few things, that as a supporter I would expect.  




There must be an apology to not just the manager, but also his team mates that he has let down, and perhaps even more importantly to us supporters who pay his wages. It is a really difficult situation for me to get my head around, and I am no closer to working out exactly what I think is for the best.  The apologies though are a must in my eyes, and would it also be too much to ask for him to terminate his association with Kia Joorabchian, a man that I hold responsible for most of the players histrionics.


If though we move on from the morals of the situation and look at how it could affect the team, then it is all quite exciting.  We all know what a top talent Carlos Tevez is, and there have definitely been games over recent weeks where we have missed him, matches against West Brom, Sunderland and Everton were all crying out for the diminutive striker but he wasn't present.  So it would clearly be a boost to the playing staff, the ability to field 2 of Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli or Tevez is incredibly exciting, and opposition teams will definitely be hoping that Carlos doesn't return to our ranks.




I suppose another big question mark hanging over the forward must be his fitness.  I don't think many people truly know whether he has been keeping himself in shape during his 'holiday'.  Claims from the players representative state that he has been keeping himself fit and that with minimal training he could be ready to come straight back into the team, this however must surely be taken with a pinch of salt.  It is believe that the club have a full medical arranged for the player on his return and they have different schedules in place depending on how fit he really is, this would suggest to me that they don't just see him returning to draw a wage, but they see him returning to play a part in the team.


Similarly to many of you I hold City so close to my heart and I can never truly forgive someone that would treat the club as badly and disrespectfully as Tevez has, if he helps us win the title though, how will I feel?  I won't have forgiven him for his actions but I doubt that will affect my mood.




Maybe we should take a leaf out of the players book, forgive and move on, that certainly seems to be the mindset being presented by one of our most passionate players in Pablo Zabaleta: "Tevez would be welcomed by the players. It was a difficult situation. Most important is that we are doing well as a team.", after-all isn't it the good of the team we need to worry about first and foremost?  I won't cheer him, and i'm not happy with him, but maybe I just need to think about whats best for City....

No comments:

Post a Comment